Admission Rules & Regulations
- All those state subject who have passed Hr. Sec. Part-II examination of J&K State Board of School Education or any equivalent examination recognized by the University of Kashmir in full and falling within the catchment area of Govt. Degree College Sopore are eligible for admission to B.A/B.Sc./B.Com/BBA Part-I
- Students seeking admission to B.Sc. part-I should have secured a minimum of 45% marks.
- Admission to Biotechnology, Sericulture and Travel and Tourism, as one of the subject at B.G 1st year is done on merit basis as per intake capacity.
- Students belonging to reserved categories as listed in SRO-126 dated: 28-06-1994 shall get the benefit of 5% weightage in their total marks whole considering them for admission. However, under process certificates shall not be entertained in this regard.
- Students whose result is declared late by J&K Board or any other equivalent board are eligible for admission subject to the notification issued by the University of Kashmir in this regard and availability of seats in the college.
- Student who have a break in their academic career can be considered for admission under rules set by the Kashmir University in this regard.
- Students who is admitted to the college and completes the minimum required attendance but either fails or does not appear in the ensuring University examination will not be considered for admission to the same class again.
- Admission formalities (Including deposition of fee) must be completed within 15 days from the date of the declaration of the result.
- Students are advised to go through the prospectus thoroughly before filling the admission form.
- Students are advised to carefully select one subject combination offered and apply for the same. Subject combination once offered shall under no circumstance be changed later on.
- Admission to BBA is done by the Kashmir University through Entrance Test.
- Whosoever, directly or indirectly propagates unlawful activities within or outside the campus shall on conviction be punished with imprisonment for a period of 2 years with fine of rupees ten thousand or with both (J&K Prohibition of ragging Act. 2011, Act. No VI of 2011).
The Principal reserves the right to accept or reject any application form for admission without assigning any reason