Commerce & Management Studies
Established in 1950
- The department of Commerce has been established in academic year 1957.
- The department of Management Studies has been introduced in academic year 2004 with a view to produce the world class professional’s with a passion of Entrepreneurship in the field of Management.
The department envisions creating confidence and skills among students to cultivate a desire in order to develop entrepreneurial attitude and exploit employment opportunities in corporate world for the self reliance and nation’s growth.
Departments of Commerce which has grown from strength to strength over the years. It echoes expertise and talent. In today’s academic scenario, it’s this Department, which offer teaching and learning programmes of the best quality, graduate students who excel and become leaders in the chosen profession contributing to the community, the state and the nation, and prepare individuals of the highest moral fibre. The overall development of the students has been the prime motive of the commerce department which we try to achieve through class room teaching and other activities of commerce Department.
- Three –years Bachelors Degree program in the Commerce.
- Three –years Bachelors Degree Business Administration.
- B.Com 100 Students
- B.B.A. 30 Students.
- Library: Departmental Library (for use of faculty and students of Commerce)
- Internet facilities for Staff & Students: Broadband Internet Facility for Students and Faculty.
- Laboratories: One spacious well illuminated fully equipped computer and stenography labs.
The faculty members of department shoulder additional responsibility of organizing National Service Scheme (NSS) activities throughout academic session. The activities include:
- World Arbor Day
- World Book Day
- World Health Day
- World No Tobacco Day
- World Environment Day
- World Blood Donation Day
- World Teachers Day
- World No TB Day
- Seminars and debates on social issues.
Industrial visits and on the job trainings:
The students of commerce and BBA are deputed to various industrial units like FIL – Industries Pvt. Ltd, Comfort Polymers Pvt. Ltd, U-Safe Zone, Aqua Impex Pvt. Ltd., BIPL, Cable Car Corporation, and J&K Bank Ltd. And Kashmir Valley Food Products etc for Industrial visits and on the job training in order to get first hand practical exposure