Department of Commerce
About the department & the subject
The Department of Commerce has been established with the commitment to achieve excellence in Commerce education, while providing students with knowledge and skill, identifying their talent and providing them the opportunities to achieve their full potential. The Department, through its missionary zeal, has been preparing students to respond to changing requirements of the corporate world by imparting quality education and training. The department since its inception has been providing commerce education to both male and female students of the Sopore Town and its adjoining areas. The establishment of the Department in the college made commerce education accessible and affordable for the students living in and around the town as they had to travel miles for availing such education in other institutions located at distant places. At present, more than 280 students studying in the different semester, are enrolled in the department. The department is equipped with a well-established Computer Lab which is used by other departments like Department of Management Studies and Department of Computer Application also. The department is committed to facilitate academic progress of the students by encouraging them to actively participate in seminars, workshops, conferences etc.
The department envisions to provide accessible, affordable and quality education in commerce in a conducive atmosphere to the students and instil the spirit of entrepreneurship so that a competent human resource is produced which not only responds to the changing requirements of the corporate world but also ventures in the entrepreneurial activities and contributes in overall economic development of the nation.
- To empower students with skill based, technology driven knowledge so as to produce competent human resource in the field of commerce and management
- To enhance the employability of students by providing holistic and value based teaching learning environment
- To provide a platform for nurturing the spirit of entrepreneurship.
- To inculcate the use of information and communication
technology in the teaching learning process.
- To provide a nurturing and motivating environment to exploit the full potential of students