Department of Zoology
About the department & the subject
The Department of Zoology is one of the oldest departments of the college established in the year 1957. The department is well equipped with state of art infrastructural facilities to cater to the requirements of students. The department is bestowed with highly qualified and trained teaching faculty actively involved in teaching and research activities besides experienced and well-trained non-teaching staff. Considering the impressive human resource and sufficient infrastructure facility of the department, the University of Kashmir has granted temporary affiliation to the department to run the PG program in Zoology from the session 2020-21.
The Department of Zoology is located in the main heritage building with PG Department on the Ground Floor and UG Department on the First Floor. The department is bestowed with state of art infrastructural facilities in the form of two UG laboratories, one PG laboratory, a museum, two smart classrooms, a seminar library, a teaching staff room, a non-teaching staff room, two washrooms and a store.
To inculcate amongst the students the highest values of life, sense of sustainable development, respect for nature and sound knowledge of animals through quality educational practices.
- To prepare trained and responsible human resource in animal studies
- To create curiosity and interest among students for carrying out research on local animal fauna
- To sensitize human society for animal welfare, conservation and protection of biodiversity
- To develop infrastructural facility and introduce tools and techniques in relevant fields
- To develop entrepreneurship skill among students through various skill courses like apiculture, sericulture, fisheries, poultry and animal husbandry
|Dr. Yasreel Mustafa||M.Sc. | PhD | SLET||Assistant professor||9419483764|
|Farooq Ahmad Ganie||M.Sc. | NET |M.Phil||Assistant professor||7006098007|
|Farooq Ahmad Mir||M.Sc. | M.Ed. | M.Phil | SET||Assistant professor||9906606826|
|Dr. Wajid Majeed Khanday||M.Phil | PhD | NET||Lecturer||7006147530|