Code of Conduct
In order to maintain discipline in the college, the following rules will have to be strictly observed by the students enrolled in the college.
- Every student attending the college shall necessarily have to wear the college uniform. In no case he or she shall be allowed to enter the college in private dress.
- Wearing of precious ornaments by girl students is strictly banned in the college.
- Carrying of mobile phones in the classrooms or college premises is strictly prohibited. Anybody who violates rules will have to face disciplinary action under rules.
- Admission to girl students, who opt for subject combination available at Govt. Degree College for Women Sopore, shall not be given admission in the college.
- Students shall not be allowed to enter the college after 10:30 am and leave the college before 2:30 pm from 1st of April to 31st
- A student willing to leave the college during working hours should have proper permission from parents/guardian on the basis of which the discipline committee/ Dean students/Principal may permit him/ her to leave.
- No outsider/stranger or relative of any student is allowed to enter the college without a valid reason. Students accompanied by guests/kids will not be allowed to enter into the college.
- Unlawful assembly of students in the college is banned.
- Writing on the walls or sticking of bills in the college is a cognizable offense.
- Ragging in any form is strictly banned under law. Whosoever directly or indirectly propagates ragging within or outside the campus shall on conviction be punished with imprisonment for a term which may extend to two years or with fine, which may extend to Ten Thousand Rupees or with both (ACT No. VIOF2011)
- Any student found misbehaving in the college shall be liable to punishment under law which may amount to expulsion from the college.
- A student willing to withdraw from the college rolls can do so formally in writing and the application for withdrawal must be countersigned by his/her parents/guardian.
- The given rules can be changed, modified, amended or suspended at the discretion of the college authorities.
- A student is expected to maintain silence in and around the classrooms.